6.23.2011

Life on the boardwalk

1. Lots of people picnicking, chatting, and generally lazing about. I see people buying bread and fruit at the nearby grocery store and bringing it with them. I do love that there is so much green space. Points if you spotted the inappropriate statue.
2. Life sized chess. There was also life sized checkers. And one of the coolest playground climbing spaces I've seen.

3. Clean, cool water flowing from all the fountains. Drinkable, unless stated.
4. Bikes, any kind of bikes
5. Rent-a-bikes. A daypass costs 6 CHF and you can return them in multiple locations around town.

Scenes from Ouchy, an area alongside Lake Geneva. General tourist hotspot. In fact, it was the only day I allowed myself to go full throttle tourist: baseball cap, camera around my neck, maps. It was a pleasant day, but I was surprised at how few people were around. Not that it was empty, but it certainly wasn't close to being crowded. Although, I don't think I've seen any place in town that could be considered crowded, except maybe during La Fête de la Musique. I like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...