6.13.2011

I ain't Hemingway, but...

"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train."
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest
Source

I always enjoy chats with my good friend, Denise. We like to talk about anything, and everything, and nothing at all. As a bon voyage present, she gifted me with a Peanut's 60th Anniversary moleskine. I've actually been eyeing this gem for awhile, unbeknownst to her, since my bright orange Pantone number met an untimely demise courtesy of Mr. Coffee.

I'm excited to fill its pages with notes, doodles, train stubs, stickers, and little stories. Fleeting glimpses and singular moments. Plus, we all know my memory could use the help.
Source

Dallas Clayton recently put forth the idea of writing one song on your birthday for ten years, until you have enough songs to fill an album. Wouldn't it be nice to have a few songs finished by the time I return?
On your birthday this year you should take a few minutes to write a song with lyrics all about yourself and everything that’s going on in your life at that exact moment. Your girlfriend, your parents, your apartment, your thoughts on the government, everything you ever hoped you’d have done by now but for some reason or another haven’t - get it all out. It can be as long or as short as you’d like, you’re the songwriter. It doesn’t have to rhyme, or have original tunes behind it, or drums or guitar or even sound good. Don’t be scared. Just sing, like you would when you were a kid, by yourself, before you knew what all the rules were. 

Pack your bags, Charlie! We're going abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...