3.13.2012

Power Outage

Skåne
No electricity means no charging my laptop or my phone, no watching TV, no surfing the internet. But that's fine, I'm not really dependent on technology anyways. My phone is not permanently attached to my hand*, in fact, I can go the whole day without bothering to look at it. I don't watch TV much anymore, and I can survive without the internet. Most likely. Probably. Maybe? You know what, I even like to read! And cook! And other non-tech things like be sociable!

But I had just finished my last midterm (maybe of all time!) and was exhausted and had numbers crammed into my head and I just wanted to zone out. No power?

#FirstWorldProblems #WhatWouldTheAmishDo

I ended up tethering my phone to get internet on my computer. But when my laptop died, I made the final nerd leap and drove to the library before it closed so I could charge my laptop for the night and use their internet. The stark realization was that I couldn't handle not having something tech-ish at my disposal. And that was lowering. Definitely something to think about.

*How funny that just a few years ago this sentence would have been "My phone is not permanently attached to my ear"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...