2.07.2012

Europe's Deep Freeze


The Atlantic just published these amazing photos of Europe's deep freeze. And just 2 months ago, Lapland barely had any snow and they were telling me it was the warmest winter in 100 years! Fast forward a few months and sly Mother Nature decides to get a little cold. The pictures from Lake Geneva (last one) are crazy! I love how the snow froze that way, like the ice is living and moving. My friend actually posted similar looking photos from Montreux - made it seem all the more real. Kooky weather...oh, hey there Global Warming - how's it going?

On the plus side, I'm glad I left Sweden before the snow and ice set in. I wonder if I would have toughed it out on the bike or taken the bus. Considering my biking accident record, the bus is probably the better bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...