12.01.2011

Krakow design

Krakow is a really cool place - I really loved it. It felt very trendy and hip, with lots of art, lots of creativity floating around (especially in the Jewish Quarter, where we spent most of our time). Their coffee shop/bar scene is pretty spectacular, too. Hipster alert!
The craziest church ever. It made no sense, inside or out. It was like they just kept adding parts of the building, in the style that was popular at that specific time. A cacophony of design, if you will. The inside of the churches here are extremely elaborate, to the point where it just freaks me out.
It was my first time in Poland, and Eastern Europe and I had a great time! What I first noticed about Krakow is how stately the buildings are, and how dark the city gets at night. There's just not a lot of artificial light around - at least, not the amount I'm used to. It makes even the biggest street seem like a shady back alley. The night life is vibrant, and people are always milling about but it's just dim!

For more posts...
Krakow, drinks: here
Krakow, eats: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...