9.11.2011

S'mores party

There's a barbecue pit outside my korridor, so we decided to make use of the dying summer days and had ourselves a BBQ and S'mores party! Hot diggity!
Apparently only North Americans know of the culinary treat that is the S'more! I always assumed it was in the international cultural zeitgeist, like how Americans eat turkey for Thanksgiving, or how Canadians are sorry about Nickelback. Now, I'm no over-zealous S'mores advocate - in fact, the last s'more I remember making was in Gr. 7 - but they are delicious and I say they deserve better international recognition! What better way than to have a party in their honour?

The fire was hard to get started, as it was windy and raining (typical) but we managed eventually, as Swedes from the surrounding corridors watched in befuddlement awe. We had to sub digestive cookies for graham crackers, but we made up for it by upgrading our chocolate to the dark + raspberry variety. Mums! (Swedish for "yum", in case you're wondering!)

1 comment:

  1. +1 for befuddlement.
    +10 for my useless and waste of a comment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...