7.11.2011

Lutry

Quite possibly one of the best days I've had here. Also, quite possibly the worst photos I've taken here. But who wants to take photos when they're on a boat in the middle of Lake Geneva anyway?

My friend Alex was nice enough to introduce me to her cousin + family here (with the CUTEST baby boy ever). We ate at Café de la Poste, which is famous for their filet de perche straight from the lake. Afterwards we went boating/water skiing with their friends in Lutry! Just so lovely. What a stellar day.

In other news, I kind of hate how my personality changes when I speak French. That is, I lose my personality. A lot of smiling, and nodding and agreeing starts happening. I've gotten a lot more confident since I've been here though, but I'm sure people still think I'm really timid. I like talking, I swear. Sometimes, you even want to shut me up. It's just really hard to express yourself when you don't have the right words and it's beyond frustrating because there's so much I want to say! Vocabulary is important, as those pesky English teachers would say. It's actually making me re-think my impression of all the quiet ESL students at school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...